Due to the overwhelming response for our inaugural 2019 scholarship, we are pleased to announce the Lakeshore Veins Healthcare Career Scholarship for 2020. This scholarship is our way of supporting and growing talent in the healthcare field here in Wisconsin, where we are committed to providing exceptional healthcare. It is a $1,000 scholarship which will support one high-achieving college student pursuing a healthcare related field.
If you are a current or aspiring college student and meet the eligibility requirements below, we hope you’ll submit an application. We look forward to the chance to read your essay and award the scholarship.
In order to qualify for the Lakeshore Veins Scholarship, you must meet all of the criteria below:
- You are passionate about pursuing a healthcare related field
- You are currently enrolled in, or have been accepted by, an accredited university/college in Wisconsin. We encourage both undergraduate and graduate students to apply.
- You have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- You are able to provide an unofficial copy of your transcript, proof of college enrollment status, and your essay, no later than the deadline below.
Deadline to Apply
The applications must be received by: July 31, 2020. We will begin accepting applications on May 15, 2020.
How to Apply
To apply for the Lakeshore Veins Scholarship, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements, then complete the following:
- Please write an essay on the topic below to show us why you should be considered for this scholarship. Please keep essays between 500 and 1,000 words in length:
- Your essay should be in a word document or similar (google docs) format. Please include your full name in the document title.
- Email the completed essay, documentation of GPA, and college enrollment status to [email protected]. Please include ‘Lakeshore Veins Scholarship’ in the subject line.
How and when did you first realize your interest in a healthcare related field?
How did this experience shape your plans and goals for the future?
Scholarship Winner for 2019
We are pleased to announce the 2019 Lakeshore Veins Scholarship Winner is Amber Villenueva, attending Carroll University this fall. Congratulations Amber! We want to thank all of the students who applied this year, we had an exceptional number of applicants, and we encourage all who are eligible to apply again next year!
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
The Lakeshore Veins Scholarship is open to students at the undergraduate or post-graduate level attending any accredited two-year or four-year university or college within the state of Wisconsin. The scholarship is also open to incoming students who have been accepted by such a university or college, as long as they are scheduled to enroll in classes within one semester of the application deadline.
Lakeshore Veins is not responsible for any technical problems that prevent an application from being received, submitted, or considered in any way. Lakeshore Veins will consider all applications submitted by eligible applicants on or before the deadline. Lakeshore Veins will choose a selection committee, and only that committee shall determine the winner of the scholarship. The selection committee’s decisions are final.
However, be aware that the winner may be publicly announced by name on our website and/or in other media, channels, or publicity materials. The winning essay may also be published, reproduced, or publicly distributed, in whole or in part, at our sole discretion.
Non-discrimination policy: Lakeshore Veins believes strongly in equal opportunity for all eligible applicants. The selection process for this scholarship will not be affected in any way by race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual preference, age, or disability; nor by any other legally protected status. The winner shall be determined exclusively by an applicant’s eligibility under the scholarship requirements and the strength of an applicant’s essay, as determined by the selection committee.
Lakeshore Veins is a vein clinic in Mequon, Wisconsin specializing in varicose vein treatment, sclerotherapy, laser ablation, ultrasound and other services for your veins.